Terms and Conditions
At Smartape Solutions Ltd (hereinafter “Smartape” or “Company”) we value terms and conditions. Our goal is to comply with all relevant legislation and European Directives and Regulations that apply, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as “GDPR”), which came into force on 25th May 2018 and affects the protection of all personal data.
1. Collection of personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep, please contact us.
When you decide to make the first contact with us, it is essential to provide us with some information that includes personal data, such as full name, address and contact details. Obtaining this information is essential, to enable us to get in contact with you and help you.
By completing the above fields on the Contact Us page, and by explicitly consenting to provide us with your personal data, you accept and allow Smartape to process your personal data.
The list of necessary personal data we collect is not exhaustive. We also obtain your name, address, city, email and IP address, location, visitor΄s behaviour and telephone number.
It is our goal to offer you exceptional and innovative business solutions and for this purpose, the collection of the above personal data is of vital importance.
We will keep your data for as long as this is considered essential under applicable laws and regulations.
2. Processing your personal data
We process personal data in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. We will process your personal data only if:
· you have consented to process for one or more purposes,
· processing is necessary for the proper implementation of a contract to which you are a party or for actions that need to be taken at your request prior to the conclusion of a contract,
· processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation we may have,
· processing is necessary to safeguard your vital interest or someone else’s,
· processing is necessary for the performance of a duty performed for the public interest or in the exercise of public authority entrusted to us,
· processing is necessary for the purposes of the Company’s legitimate interests, except in cases where your fundamental rights and freedoms override those interests. In these cases, the protection of your personal data will supersede the Company’s legitimate interests.
Cases of data processing for the purposes of legitimate interests include, but are not limited to, processing for the prevention and assessment of criminal or illegal and malicious actions to Smartape.
4. Security and personal data
We are committed to the security of personal data. We use appropriate security measures to process your personal data, which means that we have systems that automatically collect, organise and evaluate the data you give us.
This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are regularly reviewed to ensure that everything is working appropriately.
5. Access to the personal data
We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. However, in some cases disclosing personal data to third parties is necessary. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
6. Future Amendments
7. Safety and personal data
Your personal data is safe with us. We have in place all appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data. We choose to keep only the data which is absolutely necessary, all of which is encrypted and/or anonymised, either in part or in whole. The security of your data is extremely important to Smartape.
8. Your rights
Under data protection laws, you have certain rights regarding the personal data we collect:
· to receive information on the personal data we hold about you and how such personal data is used (right to access);
· to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you (right to data rectification);
· to delete/erase your personal data (right to erasure/deletion, “right to be forgotten”);
· to receive the personal data provided by you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those Personal Data to another data controller (right to data portability);
· to object to the use of your personal data where such use is based on our legitimate interests or on public interests (right to object); and
· in some cases, to restrict our use of your personal information (right to restriction of processing).
You also have the right to complain to the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us (as per the contact information mentioned below).
9. Retention period
We will maintain and process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which you initially provided the data. We may keep the data for a longer period if required by applicable laws and regulations.
10. Contact details
Smartape Solutions Ltd
Metochiou 41, 1st Floor, 1101 Nicosia
Phone number: +35722264800
If you are not satisfied with the way we have processed your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority. Please visit www.dataprotection.gov.cy for more details.
12. Commercial purposes
According to the GDPR, we must obtain your consent first to be able to send you any promotional material. If you do not give us your consent, we cannot send you updates about new services or new products or partnerships with affiliated companies. In addition, we will not be able to send you the company news or any relevant news to our business.
However, if you choose to opt-in to those communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. In that case, please contact us via email at email@example.com or simply click “unsubscribe” from the next email you receive. This will immediately stop the process of your data for commercial and promotional purposes.